– our sunny day essentials regularly consist of 4-5 key pieces that we rotate each new Spring season but since it seems that season never really arrived until last week, we haven’t been in the mood to shop for them! it’s no secret that both OZ and i love the fall season but like most of our fellow Vancouverites we have been so excited to ditch our jackets and boots for sandals and shades that at the first sign of consistent sun we ran out to pick up the aforementioned essentials items, check them out below:
– i pick up a new pair of sunglasses every summer season, to me having the right pair can make or break your outfit. i buy high and low for this and am always on the look out for local companies with unique stories and styles. i picked up these Kuma glasses because of the wooden sides but wanted to feature them here because of their story. using a similar philosophy as TOMS shoes, for every pair of glasses purchased Kuma plants a tree in our most endangered ecosystems, which is something that i can get behind as i struggle everyday with wanting to do more for different causes but not really knowing how to do it. so if you’re like us who love sunnies, like to shop and support local businesses AND do something good for our planet then you need to check out Kuma’s 2017 collection HERE.
– i am still not bikini ready but since i look forward to warmer weather, sandals are the perfect item to purchase when the Spring styles come out. they will most likely co-ordinate with pieces you already own and your feet never fluctuate in size! i picked these up online during one of Old Navy’s sales and they are quite comfy and cute with cropped jeans, shorts and dresses. a rule i always abide by when shopping for sandals on the cheap is do not buy hard bottomed sandals. these are slightly cushioned which makes walking around in them all day much more comfortable. i picked up the tan but these come in a ton of different colors AND they’re on sale! i’ve linked them HERE just for you.
– we are St Tropez Tan lovers, it’s not a secret. we’ve reviewed and loved many of their products for the blog and this one is no exception, we love it as well. the color is never orange, it builds just gradually enough that you can see color in just one application but if you mess up in a spot it’s not glaringly obvious. we do recommend applying it with the mitt applicator though, i personally usually just use my hands and then make sure i give them a really good rinse but since purchasing the mitt ( it’s only $9 at London Drugs) i was surprised by how much faster my application is and much more seamless. the new Gradual Tan Sculpt and Glow has natural sea algae and hyaluronic acid that’s meant to leave skin looking more toned after 4 weeks or regular use.
– a little is all you need on the mitt, the picture above is the amount i use for my entire arm, just make sure you’ve done a thorough exfoliation before hand and avoid dry areas like elbows, knees and feet. the mitt really makes all the difference when it comes to blending it onto the tops on your feet and hands. i don’t know about you guys but having a great glow ( safely) really gives me the confidence boost i need to rock my swimsuit/shorts with attitude!
Comment below and let us know what your sunny day essentials are!