– Oz and I would like to introduce you to a new segment of beauty reviews, The Empties! in this lovely segment we’re going to take you through the products we’ve incorporated into our skincare/beauty routine, used right to the end an tell you what we liked, disliked and if we would use them again.
– the idea came to me when we did a year in review at the end of 2016, showing you our favorite products and ones we weren’t so fond of or found to be redundant. let us know if you’re a fan of these reviews in the comments as we want to make sure we give you guys the info you crave. check out The Empties below for our take:
– if you’re a follower of ours or have caught one of our Instagram stories lately you know we LOVE the For Beloved One sheet masks. since then we’ve tried quite a few of their products, one being this more basic hydrating lotion the Hyaluronic Acid GHK-Cu Moisturizing Lotion. i incorporated this lotion into my daytime moisturizing routine and found the texture quite good, not too heavy but also hydrating enough to keep my skin feeling bouncy and plump all day long. i have dry-combo skin in the winter and would have needed more layers/mixed in an oil but for the Spring months it was great. we were sent this product to try and i would definitely purchase it again as it’s a really affordable price point. the GHK-Cu is a copper peptide and aids in detoxification of skin cells ( antioxidants) and promotes collagen growth. find this lotion at your local T&T Supermarket, online on Amazon or Sephora.
– Tata Harper has been a long time favorite of ours, and you’ve seen the review of the Clarifying Moisturizer before, i LOVE this product. perfect for anyone with combo-oily, normal or oily skin, 1 pump of this lotion is all you need for daily use either morning or evening. the price point is on the higher side but as you need very little and it’s 100% natural and made with certified biodynamic and organic ingredients in our eyes it’s worth the price. it lasts twice as long as the rest of the lotions i’ve tried and it’s chalk full of amazing nutrients to naturally calm down oil production and reduce blemish causing bacteria. find it at Beauty Mark Boutique in Yaletown, on their website or at Sephora.
– we attended the launch of this product last fall with Estee Lauder and were matched by their Western Regional trainer Jason with our color ( Oz and I happened to be the same shade). we both really liked the consistency and lighter coverage this product offered, i however did not like the packaging. the Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick is more of a semi-matte than the ever popular Double Wear Foundation ( which is full Matte) which means it’s not as dry looking on those of us with drier skin. more of a light/sheer coverage but great to travel with or toss in your bag for touch ups throughout the day. the issue i had with the packaging is pictured below:
– while attaching a sponge top seems like a good idea i found it too firm to be able to drag around my face for blending, and buffing it in circular motions led to the sponge being ripped away from the plastic ( what you see above). i like that you could take the sponge off to clean it, that the product could be turned down or up much like a lipstick to disperse product but when you couldn’t twist anymore you also couldn’t get anymore product out! i could still see some foundation in the container ( again seen here) which was a waste unfortunately. i wouldn’t buy this again based on the packaging alone as i quite liked the product inside. if you want to try it for yourself it can be purchased at Sears, The Bay, Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom and Sephora stores.
– i had heard rave reviews about the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint and decided to buy it while ordering from Naimies in Los Angeles a while back to see what all the hype was about. i liked the texture, very lightweight but not drying, no flashback in photos from the spf but i prefer the coverage of my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer over this one. it gave a beautiful glow and didn’t separate on my skin during trips to the beach but i like a little more coverage than it gave on my days off. i would take a pass on getting this as we don’t sell it in Canada and the U.S exchange isn’t doing me any favors at the moment! you can purchase Jouer on their website, or at select Nordstrom stores in the U.S.
– if you follow our Instagram account you may have seen me rave about this product from Fusion Beauty. we received the Brow Fusion Artist Duo during a Spring Beauty Preview with Over Cat Communications and i loved it so much i used it up before we could take proper photos of it! we love a multi-tasker and the products in this pen can be used separately or together for amazing brows. the colored brow gel comes with a tiny brush that is great for precision blending either on it’s own or over the accompanying brow pencil. the color is rich and doesn’t flake at all through the day, the brow pencil is just soft enough to glide through brow hair filling in where needed.
– one end has the brow gel and the other the traditional brow pencil. it comes in 3 colors currently and is sold at Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques for $45 cad.
– i tried out these two macaras through Sephora’s VIB sample program while in store purchasing various other things. i had tried Too Faced mascara fibers in the past and liked the results, so i was curious about a product that incorporated fibers in the mascara ( instead of layering like the Too Faced one). the NARS Audacious Mascara was another product i had heard good reviews about and decided to see if i would love this volumizing mascara as much as i love my L’Oreal Voluminous.
– Touch In Sol Stretchex Mascara wasn’t quite what i wanted but i did love the narrow brush with short, tight bristles. it gave additional natural looking length and volume with no clumping. i just like a lot more volume from my mascara, however if you’ve been looking for a lengthening/volumizing mascara that doesn’t clump give this one a try, you can find it online at Sephora or in the Beauty On the Fly section in your local Sephora.
– now the NARS Audacious Mascara was a winner, i usually don’t like a big, huge mascara wand but this one has rubber/plastic bristles spaced wide apart which gave me great control while applying layers of mascara but didn’t clump too much. i didn’t end up purchasing this mascara but haven’t crossed it off my purchase list for future!
– this product is a staple in my pro makeup kit and it finds it’s way into my personal routine when I’m getting dressed up or am heading to the beach. it leaves an amazing shine in the skin without any glitter what so ever, it smells great and is available in an array of shades should you want more than one.
– developed by a makeup artist for her clients and marketed to the same for a long time, it’s found it’s way into more mainstream retail environments in recent years due to the mention by celebrities on the red carpet. it has arnica in it which reduces inflammation and minor skin imperfections while you wear it. it also has a high caffeine content which aides in reducing cellulite and firms skin. the best thing about it is it’s vegan friendly and the brand doesn’t test on animals! check it out here
– let us know what your current empties are in the comments below and if you are planning on purchasing any of them again!