– coconut oil has long been recommended and hailed as a miracle product. it’s multi-uses is what makes it a fantastic product to try out as you can incorporate it into body, face, teeth whitening and in food prep. we aren’t here to talk to you about saturated fats in your diet though! we’re here to tell you about our journey with this wonder ingredient and how we use it in our daily lives ( plus there MAY be a giveaway…..).
– i happened to travel to Thailand in my early 20’s, we ( an ex-boyfriend and i) visited Bangkok, Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Ko Pha Ngan and it was when we missed our ferry to Koh Tao and stayed in a beautiful bungalow style hotel on the beach in order to catch the next ferry in the morning that i first tried virgin coconut oil for the first time. looking for a remedy to my extremely dry feet i headed to the front desk and bought a bottle of what i thought was lotion ( for $1) but turned out to be solidified coconut oil.
– the bottle i bought in Thailand didn’t come with a handy instructional tag like the one i now use from C Beauty. or maybe it did and i just can’t read Thai…either way, warming up your coconut oil is essential. virgin or cold pressed coconut oil settles back into a solid, that’s how you know it’s all natural. it may seem like an inconvenience at first but it’s easy enough to place it in a sink full of super hot water while you take a bath/shower. 5 minutes is all it takes to liquefy a full bottle, and my baths take considerably more time than that ( well if i’ve put my son to bed first!)
– my absolute favorite brand of coconut oil hands down is one i discovered during a a sip and shop at Beauty Mark boutique this past winter. we met Christina, the babe behind the brand and learned how her discovery of cold pressed coconut oil during a visit to the Philippines led her to develop her line of Universal Body Oils. extracted without the use of any chemicals and kept in it’s purest form the texture of this oil is extremely light, i love it on my legs and feet before bed. when i first used coconut oil i had to get used to the feeling of oil on my skin, it’s not a texture i like. however the benefits and results far out weigh the feeling and i found a routine that works best for me.
– since this coconut oil stays on the surface of your skin longer than a lotion i didn’t like using it in the morning as the areas i put it on stayed oily for most of the day. that’s fine in the fall winter when i’m wearing pants but in the spring and summer when i’m wearing shorts and dresses more often i found myself leaving oil prints all over the place! so i do my application at night, after a shower or a bath since i’m putting pajamas pants on anyways. i found the little bumps on my the back of my upper arms have started to disappear, i have almost no hang nails or dry cuticles on my hands and if i have any left over on my palms at the end of application i run it through the ends of my hair. as coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties i’ve also noticed that the acne i usually get on my shoulder blades in the summer has disappeared and i’m hoping it’s because of my renewed use of this oil!
– C Beauty has 3 scented Universal Oils, the one above is Moisturize and Soothe with Chamomile and aims to improve elasticity and texture.
– number 2 for Moisture and Renew is scented with Ylang- Ylang and is perfect for cell renewal, oily skin and anyone suffering from acne.
– number 3 in the series is the one both Oz and i currently use, the Moisturize and Relax with Lavender. great for sore muscles and relaxing the body before sleep. all 3 bottles weigh in at 120 ml of product and can be purchased for $29.95 CAD, and to celebrate Canada’s 150 birthday this July, any orders placed on www.cbeauty.ca will qualify for free NATIONWIDE shipping for the entire month!
– so because we LIVE to support our local brands and partners we’ve teamed up with C Beauty and creator Christina to gift one lucky Canadian with a bottle of their own!
-just head over to our Instagram page to find out how!